Sunday, October 5, 2014

"Meet My Villain" - A Blog Hop

So, from what I hear, this is a contest and it's run by Erin Latimer [found HERE] and I can enter. I was tagged by my friend Katrin to do this so... Let's get our posting on, yeah?

I must've debated the lucky character for about three hours after I heard about this. For reasons, I can't do this blog on the villain of Clinker Girl... too many factors involved AND spoilers for just about everyone, save the two people who I've told the story to.

So then I thought about God-Slaying Machine. But no one really reads that. And, not to mention, the entire story is one morally-grey area. People seem evil and then they seem good and really, the only real antag so far was Rose Summers... and she died. Hell, even Miyako, the main character, is bad. Everything is one confusing mess of who is good and who is bad. It's not because I'm dumb, though. I put a lot of thought into this.

But we're not here to talk about God-Slaying Machine. We'll save that for another blog post.

We're here to talk about our lucky antagonist, Ruskal Oberon.

Ruskal Oberon is the Angel King in my novel, The Last Nephilim. Aciel, one of the main characters, is his daughter and is thrown into an elaborate scheme of his concoction against her will. She spends most of the story in hiding. Most of you know who she is shown as, but for those that don't, I won't spoil the surprise.

And now the fun part. I get to talk about Ruskal!

1) What is the name of your villain?

Ruskal Oberon, King of the Angels

2) What motivates him?

Depends on when you asked him. Chaos drives him, nowadays. Though, believe it or not, it wasn't that far long ago where his love for God drove him forward. Now, that devotion no longer exists, having been taken over by his love for disorder. He has what us earthlings would call "Batman Syndrome"... He loves putting everyone in danger just to save them from it, and the situation he puts his own daughter into is a fine example of such.

3) What is his relation to your main character?

With the main main character, not much. I mean, the opposing King of Tital is the father of the MC. But that's about as far as he knows about Gideon. With Karma, he knows even less. Fenrick, close to nothing. Aciel, however, is his own daughter, so there's that.

4) What is your villain's main fear? What is his weakness?

He fears losing control. More than that, he knows the stakes against him. He's afraid of how easily someone could ruin him.

Ruskal's greatest weakness is also his greatest ability, that of being able to lie and hide it all so well. He lives in constant paranoia and fear, mostly of God above. He knows his roots and that he's turned his back on them, and while he doesn't care about that, he fears the repercussions this will have on him.

5) What is their greatest strength?

His ability to lie, and his uncanny knack for staying calm in high-stress situations.

6) Does your villain have any romantic entanglements?

He used to, but not currently... Except maybe to chocolate.

7) List one random fact about your villain

He loves chocolate. Really, it's an unhealthy obsession.

Ruskal also once had a fling with a Fae.


I really don't know who to tag next for this... Anyway. Yeah. That's Ruskal in a nutshell. Enjoy!

Up next... MAYBE a feature on God-Slaying Machine

4 comments:

  1. A fling with a fae, ehhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Oberon. Interesting name. Any inspiration from A Midsummer Noght's Dream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dunno if my reply posted...

      Anyway. If it didn't...

      Lol yeah but they broke it off because of a few different reasons... mainly their nonexistent sex life. I mean she was dating Ruskal, a man ten times her size!

      Sort of, I guess? I started the story before I read the play in school, but it had a few influences name-wise.

      Delete
  3. Chocolate loving villain. Sweet!

    Thanks for participating in the hop :)

    ReplyDelete